Kallum's Action Replay Site

The Ultimate Action Replay Experience!

Forums

Forum Home > Submit ActionReplay Codes > The new kinds of Mario Kart DS hacks

darkflare69

Taylor at November 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM

darkflare69 at October 18, 2015 at 9:56 PM

We need people to work on MK7, not MKDS!

While I very much agree, only a few people have the ability to code MK7, where as more people theoretically can code for MKDS. It's the same with MKWii Vs. MK8

Anyone can hack MK7

--

November 6, 2015 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

It's a lot easier since there's no need for extra hardware (like a USB gecko or trainer toolkit). We can RAM dump straight from the browser and inject it via the browser without exiting the game.

--

November 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ
So is Cubic Ninja still required for 3DS hacking or is there a better method now?
--

November 8, 2015 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ at November 8, 2015 at 2:10 AM

So is Cubic Ninja still required for 3DS hacking or is there a better method now?

Cubic Ninja was never required, only for homebrew, which is for noobs.

For actual game modding, I recommend the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2FLBMrfGDY

After that, install BootNTR.cia and then generate a MK7 LayeredFS for ROM hacking (CTs and texture hacks)

If you just want RAM modifications, you can use Spider ARCode. No CFW required. It's pretty straightforward and you should be able to figure it out.

--

November 11, 2015 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69 at November 11, 2015 at 7:20 PM

After that, install BootNTR.cia and then generate a MK7 LayeredFS for ROM hacking (CTs and texture hacks)

If you just want RAM modifications, you can use Spider ARCode. No CFW required. It's pretty straightforward and you should be able to figure it out.

Crashes on the Gateway thing. Everything looks in place too... 3DS version is 8.1.0-19U.
--

November 11, 2015 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ at November 11, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Crashes on the Gateway thing. Everything looks in place too... 3DS version is 8.1.0-19U.

the other methods are a bit glitchy. ive tried them. they work but often crash or dont load.

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

November 12, 2015 at 6:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

That firmware should be compatible. Can you get into the Gateway menu at all with Launcher.dat on the root of your SD Card?
--

November 13, 2015 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69 at November 13, 2015 at 11:50 PM

That firmware should be compatible. Can you get into the Gateway menu at all with Launcher.dat on the root of your SD Card?
Nope. It freezes after the website loads, then crashes and goes back to the system menu. The Gateway menu doesn't show up at all.
--

November 14, 2015 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ at November 14, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Nope. It freezes after the website loads, then crashes and goes back to the system menu. The Gateway menu doesn't show up at all.

I'd recommend posting a thread on GBAtemp, since this is a strange issue. Normally, it'd crash if you have an invalid Launcher.dat or none at all on the root of your SD Card. https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-flashcards-custom-firmwares.201/

You should try this site and see if it works, though: http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?GW186%20Safari/5373.dat&Launcher.dat

--

November 15, 2015 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69 at November 15, 2015 at 3:04 PM

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ at November 14, 2015 at 7:18 PM

I'd recommend posting a thread on GBAtemp, since this is a strange issue. Normally, it'd crash if you have an invalid Launcher.dat or none at all on the root of your SD Card. https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-flashcards-custom-firmwares.201/

You should try this site and see if it works, though: http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?GW186%20Safari/5373.dat&Launcher.dat

The bottom link doesn't seem to do anything. Just says it failed. Also, if I get this working, would it be possible to make hacked Miis? That's really all I'm interested in.
--

November 19, 2015 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Now all of a sudden Gateway works... Hopefully it lasts.
--

November 20, 2015 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Now I'm stuck on the rxTools part. After running it, it puts four blank icons on the system menu. The first two go to system transfer and some NNID thing, the other two crash. My previous question remains, if I get this nonsense working, would it be possible to make hacked Miis? More specifically, hacked symbols in the Mii's name.
--

November 20, 2015 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ at November 20, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Now I'm stuck on the rxTools part. After running it, it puts four blank icons on the system menu. The first two go to system transfer and some NNID thing, the other two crash. My previous question remains, if I get this nonsense working, would it be possible to make hacked Miis? More specifically, hacked symbols in the Mii's name.

are you trying to run the homebrew for 3ds?  or the launcher.dat for gateway?

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

November 23, 2015 at 4:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Launcher.dat/Gateway/whatever. It's also worth noting I have no idea what I'm doing. None of this is making any sense to me... Install a bunch of crap that barely works and then somehow I can hack stuff. I don't get it. I've been following this guide since that video Flare posted isn't very informative. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
--

November 23, 2015 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

☆~Dave~★ at November 23, 2015 at 4:17 AM

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ at November 20, 2015 at 7:04 PM

are you trying to run the homebrew for 3ds?  or the launcher.dat for gateway?

hmm well ive tried running the homebrew launcher  but with out that game from the eshop or cubic ninja its a pain  to get working cause most of the time it fails to load.

if you are trying to run to gateway launcher  that really easy  just put the launcher.dat at the root of your SD card.  of to your browser with active internet connection.  clear your cookies and history  then go to  go.gateway-3ds.com  and that will load the launcher to use gateway  dump games or saves  and other varius things. 

hmmm... but as for RX tools i think thats a HB thing but im not sure i havent tried it out so i dont know. 

Make sure to clear your history and cookies   if you are using the internet exploit  and make sure  no page loads  (get to the url tab as fast as possible)

i tried out HB  after sevral attemps  i got it to work but i felt it wasnt worth it  so i deleted the crap cause most of the time it wont load.

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

November 24, 2015 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Well, looks like I'm stupid. I should of been using Spider ARCode, not whatever Gateway is. Anyways, successfully made a hacked Mii. :P
--

November 24, 2015 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

Nice!  and no prob!

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

November 25, 2015 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.