Kallum's Action Replay Site

The Ultimate Action Replay Experience!

Forums

Forum Home > AR Code WorkShop > Maybe it can be done

Baseballdude13

Supastarrio once said that the reason you can't play on donkey or luigi courses is cause the bumper or something doesn't have textures. can any1 give the bumper or whatever textures so we can play on it

--

RIP Mario Kart DS Wifi

Youtube Channel: baseballdude13000

RIP Mario Kart Wii Wifi

Mario Kart 8 Friend Code: Available upon request

YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL16AA911C1B7C01E8

(This playlist includes all of my mario kart videos)

Other YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBA6D1925E1A2B227

(This playlist includes my best YouTube videos)

Some of my MKDS YouTube videos can be found in the videos section of this site, including but not limited to

• MKDS Shy Guy Codes
  • MKDS Texture Hacks
  • MKDS Character Color Strobe Hacks
  • MKWii Glitches

February 16, 2012 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

well actually that shouldnt be the reson. having no texture on somthing doesnt mean it wount work.  the ar codes for donkey course and luigi course work on the final version but  only on an emulator not the hardware

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ
The flippers are most likely the main reason why those courses don't work. The flippers need four textures. One inactive, and three for when they're flipping. donkey_course and luigi_course only load the flippers with one texture. There are no flipping textures, therefore, the game crashes. I also read somewhere that the bumper objects are causing those courses to crash as well.
--

February 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Baseballdude13

so can it be fixed or not

--

RIP Mario Kart DS Wifi

RIP Mario Kart Wii Wifi

Some of my MKDS YouTube videos can be found in the videos section of this site, including but not limited to

• MKDS Shy Guy Codes
  • MKDS Texture Hacks
  • MKWii Glitches

February 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fudgepop01

you would need a lot of codes IF it were possible...somone would need to find out why the flippers aren't loading correctly, and then make a code that will properly load the flippers, same thing for the bumpers. then, if that STILL doesn't work, then ADD a code that actually adds textures to the flippers/bumper. if the game still crashes, then there probably needs to be a code that prevents the object(s) from loading all together. finding all this would be a real HUGE CHALLANGE to almost anyone, and the code would probably be EXTREMELY LONG. if none of the above steps work, then i don't think it can be fixed at all...

--

MK SERIES...

GOTTA PLAY E'M ALL!!!

February 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

im looking to see if there a way to disable the objects but i havent found a way so far

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Skylar

☆~Dave~★ at February 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM

well actually that shouldnt be the reson. having no texture on somthing doesnt mean it wount work.  the ar codes for donkey course and luigi course work on the final version but  only on an emulator not the hardware

Quoting "but  only on an emulator not the hardware"

It depends what engine the hardware's running, example below.

With the cod waw action replay walk through walls, the action

replay itself couldn't run the code, But an acekard could (Best i could come up with)

Only reason im on here now is im ment to be doing "Research" ;)

--

Skylar#5034 on Discord

February 17, 2012 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

research for what?

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 18, 2012 at 3:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

i tryed everything. i disabled the objects that didnt work i used a code to turn off all texture (including objects) i tried to alter the textures hoping it would respond that way but no dice...  sorry unless the rom data is alter using mkds editor its just not possible

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ
We just need to make it so the game skips over the objects when it's loading a course. We'd probably have to mess around with the ASM stuff somewhere, but I don't know where to look... :|
--

February 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

i know where to look.  i already tried messing with the ASM. i look manually though 100's of codes yesturday.... and came up with nothing...  :/

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 19, 2012 at 2:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dark Light

Why not just texture swap. Or item swap. Swap the flippers/bumpers with something else like switch the flipper with Waluigi Pinball's texture, and for bumpers switch with the bumpers from Waluigi Pinball. 

--
Custom Track Disigner. PM Me an Custom Track or give me an idea of a CT. I already got like 45 ideas, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME!!! "OMG, I looked at the file and saw its Size, 14MB OMG! Then I opened the file and looked at its prettyness, OMG Then I exported to .obj and got over 70000 faces. OMG, The wii Us ram isn't ready for this. Mario Kart 8 can't support it!!! OMG!!! That means cutdown!!! HARD!!! A track that large can't have over 5000 faces OMG!!! Change EVERYTHING!!! - Have a nice Day *Troll Face*" MKDS: Jorden98 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/jorden98 MKDS FC: 155004-556532 ACWW FC: 3783-4293-2892 Friends on MKDS Proxy [email protected] and someone else...
February 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Baseballdude13
Yeah that sounds like a good idea but is it possible?
--

RIP Mario Kart DS Wifi

RIP Mario Kart Wii Wifi

• MKDS Shy Guy Codes
  • MKDS Texture Hacks
  • MKWii Glitches

February 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

it doesnt work that way...  swaping textures on courses is only possible cause of datels no texture code wich is acctually a rewiring code. othrwise it wouldnt be possible.   since that code only works on course models and not objects its just not possible to swap texture to other world_root files

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dark Light
Wait whats the Rom code?
February 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

for what?

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 22, 2012 at 4:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dark Light

Just want to check it out, maybe it just needs a simple little edit to work on Hardware. :)

--
Custom Track Disigner. PM Me an Custom Track or give me an idea of a CT. I already got like 45 ideas, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME!!! "OMG, I looked at the file and saw its Size, 14MB OMG! Then I opened the file and looked at its prettyness, OMG Then I exported to .obj and got over 70000 faces. OMG, The wii Us ram isn't ready for this. Mario Kart 8 can't support it!!! OMG!!! That means cutdown!!! HARD!!! A track that large can't have over 5000 faces OMG!!! Change EVERYTHING!!! - Have a nice Day *Troll Face*" MKDS: Jorden98 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/jorden98 MKDS FC: 155004-556532 ACWW FC: 3783-4293-2892 Friends on MKDS Proxy [email protected] and someone else...
February 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

you mean the game id?

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Baseballdude13

☆~Dave~★ at February 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

it doesnt work that way...  swaping textures on courses is only possible cause of datels no texture code wich is acctually a rewiring code. othrwise it wouldnt be possible.   since that code only works on course models and not objects its just not possible to swap texture to other world_root files

Why not just use waluigi pinball textures on luigi/donkey course? You were able to do something like that to dokan/nokonoko/mario gc courses, so why can't it be done to donkey/luigi courses?

--

RIP Mario Kart DS Wifi

RIP Mario Kart Wii Wifi

• MKDS Shy Guy Codes
  • MKDS Texture Hacks
  • MKWii Glitches

February 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

its already been done. but it only works on emulators

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.