Kallum's Action Replay Site

The Ultimate Action Replay Experience!

Forums

Forum Home > General Disscusion > Powersaves 3DS

Code Slasher
Administrator

https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com

Bahahaha.  This is exactly what this site needs.  Let's hack Mario Kart 7 like there's no tomorrow.

October 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pwner52746/PR0XY [email protected]

they also have R4s for 3DS http://www.r43ds.com

--

If it makes sense then it must make $

check out my channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCeaKCE0oxu7Pt4hl1UNsBLQ

October 31, 2013 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pwner52746/PR0XY [email protected]

crap now ppl can hack KIU D: do not want 

--

If it makes sense then it must make $

check out my channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCeaKCE0oxu7Pt4hl1UNsBLQ

October 31, 2013 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

welp theres goes wifi...  Again lol.

i bet nintendo has a better system for catching hackers on wifi though. great now im going to have to make anather 480 codes for mk7

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

October 31, 2013 at 2:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

even though I don't have the game I wanna code too!

--

October 31, 2013 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Skylar

I doubt this will re-establish this site, but best of luck.

--

Skylar#5034 on Discord

October 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

it would actually. all i would have to do it post the site link and tell them you have to get the codes from the site requires log in

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

November 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Code Slasher
Administrator

Update: the supposedly "unhackable" Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have now been hacked using this device.  Who said that we had to stop just because WiFi support for the DS and Wii are stopping?

February 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tomix

It's not like there is a device to read the code off of the 3DS like the Trainer. Everything would be via a hard mod. Still, none of the "codes" for it are what most hackers would use though.

--

I'm sick of being around idiots. http://tomixnscale89.wix.com/thewhistleworks

February 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

me and Jay are discussing this topic. We are going to find a place in the 3DS where it asks hs to import something, ANYTHING, from the SD card. So when we have the chance we use a meta.xml and a .dol file(s) to send Ann effect like letterbomb. This will be hard.

--

February 27, 2014 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

Unlike older systems, the 3DS has things like the NX bit and potentially ASLR. These features mean that you cannot simply inject a blob of custom code through a crash and have it run anymore.

Guessing the key is a way to hack the 3ds but
That's just not plausible. Let's say, for example, that the system uses 128-bit RSA encryption for signing. This means there's a certain number of possible keys, with one of them being correct. How many keys are there? 2 (binary, a bit) to the 128th power (number of bits). That's so many that the calculator that comes with windows can't even display the number without reverting to scientific notation. 128-bits is 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 possible values in binary.

If you want it visualized in hex (like keys are often distributed), then we subtract one to get the maximum value (since 0 is a possibility but a representation of no number) and convert it to hexadecimal, and we end up with a 32-character key range of 0x00000000000000000000000000000000 to 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Either way you display it, that is 340 undecillion combinations. The actual number is a bit less since a key will be a certain number of digits and be designed to not have repeating segments, but this puts it in perspective.

Let's say that you have a super computer that can try 50,000 unique keys a second. Let's say that you also have 499 friends with super computers that can each try 50,000 unique keys a second.

25,000,000 keys a second.
1,500,000,000 keys a minute.
90,000,000,000 keys an hour.
2,160,000,000,000 keys a day.
788,400,000,000,000 keys in one year.

So in one year, you and your 499 friends would have managed to try 0.0000000000000000000002% of the keys (and thus have about a 0.0000000000000000000002% chance of success).

That's just 128-bit, and in reality the DSi uses 1024-bit, and the 3DS uses 2048-bit.
(I'm just not doing math on numbers that goddamned large.)

--

February 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sev7n

Nah I don't think you're able to figure out this.

--

February 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

thats impossible then...  cryptolocker  (a horrid virus that encryps your files) has a 2048 bit encription key that even experts cant crack.  the 3ds power saves device reads the codes saved in your save file and rewrites new data to those saves  such as getting a or many rare item in pokemon or animal crossing or unlock features that would normally take time to do normally.  yes it can hack the game but its does in such a way that it almost seems ligit.  the down side is its  can only modify game data values it doesnt actually inject foreign code in to the 3ds game to use items over and over again or anather words patch codes and pointers.  and as in saves i mean only the coding held with in a save can be modified the rest of the games coding outside the save is not hackable to my knowlage

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

February 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

I'm trying to hack it still. here's what gonna do: whenever it asks me to get stuff from the SD card, we use meta.xml to lead it right to an effect like letterbomb on the Wii. This will instal a channel and then hack main.dol

--

February 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tomix

I don't think the 3DS uses a main.dol.

--

I'm sick of being around idiots. http://tomixnscale89.wix.com/thewhistleworks

February 28, 2014 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

it should.

--

February 28, 2014 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

Its definetely possible to hack it, just very hard.

--

February 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Code Slasher
Administrator

☆~Dave~★ at February 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM

thats impossible then...  cryptolocker  (a horrid virus that encryps your files) has a 2048 bit encription key that even experts cant crack.  the 3ds power saves device reads the codes saved in your save file and rewrites new data to those saves  such as getting a or many rare item in pokemon or animal crossing or unlock features that would normally take time to do normally.  yes it can hack the game but its does in such a way that it almost seems ligit.  the down side is its  can only modify game data values it doesnt actually inject foreign code in to the 3ds game to use items over and over again or anather words patch codes and pointers.  and as in saves i mean only the coding held with in a save can be modified the rest of the games coding outside the save is not hackable to my knowlage

Funny, this was the only reply after my most recent reply that seems remotely on-topic... very sad.

Modifying game data values are mostly what the normal/casual hackers are after.  This is especially true for Pokemon hacking from my experience.  Rewriting code in the game is mostly sought after fangame/emulator makers, in the case of Pokemon.  That being said, modifying simple game data with the Powersaves 3DS is a great baby step to hardcore hacking.

March 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darkflare69

power saves 3ds are not sold in stores, and most people don't like giving their credit card info online..

--

March 6, 2014 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

☆~Dave~★
Administrator

Code Slasher at March 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM

☆~Dave~★ at February 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Funny, this was the only reply after my most recent reply that is seems remotely on-topic... very sad.

Modifying game data values are mostly what the normal/casual hackers are after.  This is especially true for Pokemon hacking from my experience.  Rewriting code in the game is mostly sought after fangame/emulator makers, in the case of Pokemon.  That being said, modifying simple game data with the Powersaves 3DS is a great baby step to hardcore hacking.

well im not putting the power saves down im just saying it doesnt crack the 3ds game wide open.  some day ill pick one up for myself :P

--

NOW,  EAT YOUR MATTRESS!

March 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.